Friday, May 15, 2009

Snake in the grass

Actually, snake in the 'fence' around the garden. We've got a net fence around the veggies to keep the deer out, but this poor black racer snack got himself terribly stuck in it. Daniel to the rescue!


Daniel used a board to hold the snakes head down and away from us while he carefully cut him free.


I did not get a picture of him once he was free cause he was GONE! Not that I blame him. Instead, here is a pic of how our veggies are coming along.

This weekend I have got to get some cucumbers, a few more herbs, and my flower seeds in the ground! Hoping for at least a little sun this weekend!

In other news, I had a baby check up yesterday! I failed my first glucose test, so I'll have to go take the 3 hour test one morning next week (fingers crossed I pass the second one). Daniel and I did get to hear the heart beat for the first time though! It's amazing how emotional such a simple sound can make you! The heart rate was 161 and everything looked good!

I also wanted to give a quick follow up to my last post about my biggest fear. My idiot husband (along with a friend's idiot husband) actually want to do the King's Walkway featured in that video. Someone please knock some sense into these two!

3 comments:

Ben & Meg Harris said...

talk about biggest fears - ugh....snakes!
daniel should have smacked that sucker dead.

i failed my first glucose test too, but passed the 3 hr. make sure you eat real healthy the day before! don't eat many carbs at all. it's supposed to help.
btw-are yall finding out if baby martin is a girl or boy?

Rachel said...

Oh geez. I agree with Meg about the snake. I had one of those black racers in my back yard about a month ago and we scared each other so bad I don't know who got away faster!
So how far along are you?

Anonymous said...

Please get that scarey snake picture off the first page of your blog. It gives me a shock every time I see it! MOM