Thursday, June 10, 2010

7 months old!



Tired of me being shocked by how quickly time flies? Me too! I had lunch with some sorority sisters this weekend, and one of them said, "Sullivan is like 4 months old now?". Uhh no, he's more than half a year old. I'm going to blink and he'll be in college I swear. SCARY!

Anyways, in honor of his 7 months, I decided post some naked baby pics! We've taken some naked baby video that will be saved for the first time he brings home a girlfriend or something equally embarrassing. We tried to keep these discreet, with just a hint of adorable baby buns! :) Ok, maybe more than a hint on this first one, but wth.




Our latest milestone achieved was our first trip to the pool! Sullivan seemed to really enjoy chewing on his pool floaty and splashing/hitting the water with his hand. On a side note, I really liked this 'Mommy and Me' pool float. It was nice for me to have something to float around on too. This way we could both comfortably float in the deep end to avoid any splashing, etc. I bought another pool float just for him, but then grabbed this one at Wal Mart recently. Glad I did!


Sullivan and his Dad hittin' the bottle together. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.


Beach trip updates. Sooooo, we briefly allowed the media to freak us out about our trip and cancelled. When we called back to rebook the same place, we ended up getting 1 night free and an additional 20% off and a total refund if beaches get closed. We ended up saving $500+. Not too shabby! If the beaches are bad, the pool, big kahunas, outlet malls, food, and relaxation will keep us occupied.

What Sullivan is up to these days: still lots of rolling and really enjoys hanging out on his belly/pushing up. He mainly rolls/scoots to get where he wants to go. Definitely doesn't qualify as a crawl yet. He's been sleeping like a champ for the last 2 months-ish. I didn't want to say much about it since every time I do, he quits. I think he's truly in a pattern now though. I'll let you know tomorrow if I've jinxed myself once again. He goes to bed between 7:30 and 8, sleeps until 5 or 6am, has a bottle and goes back to sleep until 7:30 or later! Wow, it's been so nice! He's doing great with his eating (except he still won't eat any meat products). He hardly makes a mess at all these days! He'll copy me saying 'mmmmm' after he eats something tasty! Doesn't care for a sippy cup yet, but we'll slowly keep trying. He LOVES to watch you speak, sing and make repetitive sounds. He'll watch your mouth to intently and usually smile alot. I have a feeling he's just absorbing it all and plans to start replying in full sentences one of these days! He is extremely curious about new things and anything you might be doing while holding him. He smiles at new people, but usually gets teased and hides his head in your shoulder once they start smiling back at him. He loves to watch you clap, sing, or dance. And nothing makes him laugh harder than his daddy 'having a baby sandwich'. Basically involves Daniel holding him on his back and 'biting' him all along his side and belly. I'll have to post video of this soon. Very cute.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awe, thanks for making me smile. I love you guys.