Monday, August 16, 2010

wonderbar, wonderbar, we're on our way...

So I started using the Wonderbar yesterday. Before you click the link to learn about it, let me start by saying, 1. I'm out of my regular cleanser/lotions, so was looking for something new 2. i'm gonna be mad if this tiny, expensive bar doesn't do something positive. Ok, you can go look up the wonderbar now. Back? Yeah it's stupid expensive for a tiny little bar. But if it truely does replace cleanser, toner, moisturizer, yada, yada, yada, then it's not that bad. The biggest headache so far as been that you can't use mineral foundation with this bar. I LOVE my bare minerals, so this was sad news for me. Fortunately, I had recently watched an episode of Dr. Oz where he talked about the fact that mineral makeups work so well because the particles are so tiny (the reason it interferes with wonderbar) that you can breathe them in and they can like stay in your lungs. Icky. Other drawbacks to the wonderbar, the mysterious 'healing crisis' where your skin gets rid of all the toxins and can cause dryness and breakouts temporarily. Also, they discourage the use of any makeup until after the healing crisis, so today, for the first time in a LONG time, I am without foundation/concealer/powder what have you while at work. I did wear eye makeup and lipstick to hopefully take the focus off the rest of my face. I need to remember to take a photo of this sort of before phase and then document how my skin reacts to it. I can already feel a sort of tightness to my skin and maybe some slight itchyness? I could just be totally paranoid. So, for anyone else interested in the wonderbar, I'll be posting my personal experiences with it here. My fingers are crossed that it will do at least some of what it promises! We'll see!

And now, some videos of Sullivan interacting with Bailey (dog) and Sophie (cat). The video with Bailey is not really the highlight of their playtime, but is better than nothing!





P.S. the title of this blog comes from the cartoon the wonderpets. all i watch these days are kids shows, and that one just fit and got stuck in my head.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can't believe how big your little guy is getting -- so cute! Keep us posted on the Wonderbar. I am so out of it I'd never even heard of it, but if it works miracles, I'll try it!

Wonderbar said...

Hi,
Just to give you a little guidance, you can use the Wonderbar with plain liquid foundation...as an editor once said, it's better if you don't, but you gotta do what you gotta do! The problem with mineral powder is that you have to "buff" it into your pores and this can clog them and cause problems. Also, a plain moisturizer works very well through the dry phase- like CeraVe in a tub or Clinique Dramatically Different. Make sure to use a physical sunblock and not a chemical sunscreen too.
It's so easy it's complicated! If you have any questions, you can always email info@wonderbarusa.com.

Lisa Blair said...

My skin is super dry, and I am in love with the Vitamin E cream by Jason Organics. I use it every night. During the day, I use the Vitamin C SPF 15 moisturizer by Avalon Organics. Both of those are available at Walgreens or Kroger.

I might want to try this Wonderbar! Where did you get it?