Wednesday, December 22, 2010

dont fall for it!

For the second time in my life, I've had a sketchy man try and get me to get out of my car in an unsafe location by telling me I have a very low tire. The first time this happened more than 10 years ago and I had just gotten new tires so I knew the Guy was full of it. The most recent was Monday night when I drove to marks to meet my mom. Now my new car tells me when I have a low tire, but I wouldn't have fallen for it anyway based on my previous experience. I saw the minute this Guy saw me and changed course to come annoy me. I already had the doors locked when he knocked on my window and I rolled my window only low enough for him to hear me. Not low enough for him to reach a hand in. He gave me the low tire story and I told him my dad was on his way and would take a look for me. He started walking off at this point only to come back to start giving me a sob story about his health and tubes in his head or something. Thank goodness Freddie and mom pulled up just then. Of course he tried to bother them too but Freddie eventually got rid of him. I was asking Daniel yesterday what he thinks these men plan when they do this. I was in a well lit gas station parking lot. Would he have tried to rob me? Take my car? Worse? Next time, instead of rolling down my window, I'm going to let a Smith and Wesson do the talking. The first time this happened my little sister said she probably would have fallen for it and gotten out of the car. So ladies, I'm sharing this with you so you don't fall for this. Better to ride on rims to a safe place then get out of the car! Be safe. Sad that I even have to share this.

PS this is my first official post from new phone!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: