Thursday, May 05, 2016

I can't understand Whinese

Holy cow. My kids were completely unable to communicate this morning.

Evie cried about everything: wants to get her yogurt-cries because she can't find strawberry, wants me to get her yogurt instead- cries even though i found strawberry, i'm taking a shower and won't let her in- cries,  i put on shoes- cries, i help her wash the soap off her hands- cries, i tell her she can wear a doc mcstuffins pull-up- cries, i tell her she can wear a dora pull-up instead- cries because it's not doc mcstuffins, and on and on and on.

Sullivan wouldn't answer a single question I asked him except with a dirty look. I raise my voice for him to answer me- he cries, Daniel gets on to him for something else- cries, get in the car and I say no tv- they both cry.

And then...as I'm driving through the neighborhood, I spill my coffee all over my white skirt and the floorboard of the car. Like a light switch, my kids suddenly are able to communicate. No crying, no whining. Happy, normal conversation all the way to school and through drop off. WTH? Did the demons get ejected with my coffee?  Do I  need to recreate this scenario every morning? I'm still baffled.


Parenting tip: when your kids are driving you nuts, watch cute "bideos" of them.

No comments: