Friday, July 06, 2007

Seattle here we come!

I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July. Daniel and I worked the Ole Miss Rotary booth at the streetdance the night before. It was wonderful weather and the band was very entertaining! Wednesday we went to N.A. for the annual Rogers celebration at the lake. Needless to say, we ate entirely too much! It was great getting to visit with everyone though! Apparently I have more blog readers than I realized...oh, the pressure!

Daniel and I leave tomorrow morning heading to Seattle. We will spend tomorrow night in downtown Seattle...at the Crowne Plaza no less! We found a great rate through seattlesupersaver.com (otherwise we would be at the holiday inn). I hope to hit up the Seattle Center and Space Needle Saturday afternoon. Saturday night we plan to eat at Salty's on Alki Beach - supposed to be the best view of Seattle skyline as it is across a bay or lake or something from it. They also send a complimentary limo to pick you up for dinner, so that's not too shabby! We'll be pretending to lead the life of the rich and famous (for a night at least!). Sunday we plan to hit up Pike Place Market, the original Starbucks, do an underground tour of Seattle (used to be a story lower)and Pioneer Square. I'm sure some great food and drinks will be enjoyed several times this day! Alas, Sunday night we have to head to Bellevue, WA for the rest of our stay. It's just about 10 miles or so from Seattle downtown, but not sure if we will get to make it back to Seattle proper or not. My conference is all day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Daniel will be working from the hotel during this time. Then Thursday at noon we head back home. I'm getting really excited about getting away for a while! Jonathan will be house/dog/cat/garden sitting for us while we are gone. I'll post pics as soon as I can!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

4...3...2...1
Earth below us..
drifting falling....
floating weightless...
calling calling home...

Lisa Blair said...

Have fun!! Don't forget to go to Macrina!

Leah Maria said...

Have fun!! Try not to work too hard while you are there.

Ben & Meg Harris said...

i can't wait to hear about y'alls trip!