Daniel and I have been slowly prepping for Halloween over the last few weeks, but really kicked things into high gear last night with our pumpkin carving. We both went a non-traditional route with our pumpkins. Daniel's too freaking creative...I shouldn't try and compete with him. I also made Giada's chocolate orange cupcakes with lemoncello icing for us to enjoy while we await our trick or treators! Enjoy the photos below! More pics to come tomorrow with costumes! Oh, we tried to watch 'It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown'...why do i not remember it being so freaking long? I must have slept through most of it as a kid. Good memories regardless.
Using Daniel's tools from a ceramics class he took to carve layers of pumpkin skin away.


The finished products! A scary Tiki(daniel's) and a wimpy cat (mine)

My 'work witch' costume. I had Rotary this morning, so couldn't go to work in the whole sha-bang. Why doesn't photoshop have a 'remove 10 lbs' option? Notice how festive my desk is with purple lights, a pumpkin, and a cauldron of candy. The view out the window's not bad either.
1 comment:
Ha, I just realized that I don't think I've ever been in your office. I should stop by next time I'm in Oxford. Y'all's pumpkins are awesome!
Post a Comment