
There are so many amazing things to tell you about this pyramid. If you stand at the bottom and clap your hands, the echo actually sounds like a Macaw. During the soltices, if it's sunny, a shadow will be cast along the steps that looks just like a snake, which is a sign of life. Crazy cool stuff.

The ball court. They used to think that the captain of the losing team was sacrificed, but they now believe it was the captain of the winning team. They think it more logical that you would sacrifice your best rather than the loser. There were so many interesting carvings depicting the beheading of the player. I won't mention all the details here, but I recommend you google it some time.

A closer look at one of the rings the players had to get their ball through.

Wall lining a cemetary area.

This is the temple of 1000 columns? Once again, google this stuff if you want to learn more.

This is a cenote where they used to sacrifice people (among other things).

This is a tourist in head to toe Club Med gear. Stylin'.

Back at the dock in Progresso.

Our next stop on the cruise was in Cozumel. I took most of our pics on a waterproof camera which I haven't developed yet, so there aren't many pics yet. We did a deluxe snorkel trip- get on a catamaran, snorkel for a while, get back on catamaran and drink free beer and margaritas, go to a private beach and drink more free beer and margaritas, get back on the catamaran and drink more free beer and margaritas. See a pattern here? At least it explains the pics below.

When we got back to Cozumel from our 'snorkeling' trip, we hit up Fat Tuesdays for a drink...I think we had a drink? Well we swang in the swings and took pics with hats on.

I was desperate for some food at this point, so we moved to Los Tres Amigos where I proceeded to inhale some wonderful mexican food. Oh yeah, I also danced on my chair in a sombrero. It wasn't my idea though..the d.j. made me. :)

This photo is from the porch at Los Treg Amigos..I just love the idea of bathtubs outside looking at the ocean.

I debated not mentioning my most embarrassing incident of the cruise, but decided to give you a laugh instead. So when we get back from the 'snorkeling', the first thing I need to do is find el bano. I quickly found one, but did not realize there was about an inch of water on the floor, so when I turned to close the stall door....I busted it. Big time! The toilet actually caught me, my calves went under the stall to my right, my flip flops flew off...it was wonderful. A very nice cajun girl in the stall to the right kindly handed my flip flops back across to me and asked if i was alright. Not my finest moment. Thankfully, beer has a way of numbing embarrassment and pain!
I do actually have some pictures of fish and stuff, so I'll post those when I get them developed. It may not be obvious, but I did actually do something in Cozumel besides wear crazy hats and act like an idiot. :)



3 comments:
it looks like y'all had so much fun. I'm just wallowing in my jealousy.
daniel looks great in club med gear.
I believe your drunken arse is actually wearing TWO sombreros??? Doubling the fun of the lost art of Mexican chair dancing
Post a Comment