Friday, December 12, 2008

Another try

Well, this background is holiday themed, so it won't last long. I'm going to have to work on some new options for backgrounds. All the pre-made templates are way too girly for me. Hopefully over Christmas I can spend some time updating. As for a real post, I still don't have one for you. I'll be spending this weekend working The Christmas Store (Rotary project), trying to finish holiday shopping, and baking goodies for my friends and neighbors. I'm supposed to be picking the next book for the bookclub, but am feeling very uninspired. There is alot of pressure to pick a winner this time, but it's hard to know a winner by it's cover. I'm open to suggestions for an empowering or at least entertaining read. On a similar note, I've been giving thought to writing a book lately. It's an insane thought and one that I will no doubt quickly give up (again), but it's a thought none the less. Maybe putting the thought down in black and white for all 5 of you to read will push me into getting past the first chapter (usually as far as i get). Add that to my list of holiday to do's. Ha! Wasn't Bridges of Madison County written in like a week? That's what I'm going for. Oh and if it could be a huge hit and be made into a movie, all the better. Where is my magic wand?

5 comments:

Lisa Blair said...

I like this background better. The purple one was really girly.

Lisa Blair said...

I've been thinking about the book...

Maybe The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri? It was made into a pretty good movie starring Kal Penn.

I'll let you know if I think of more.

Anonymous said...

i like this one! rivers

Ben & Meg Harris said...

haven't i always said you should write a book?!
please do it.

Jennifer said...

I dig the seasonal background. If I had more time and inclination I'd love to mess with my design some, too, but oh well! A book idea: Moloka'i by Alan Bennert. I've just started it (see link on my blog) so can't recommend it yet from experience, but I think Amazon had something like 181 reviewers and five stars from all of them. Also a really good one I read not long ago is City of Thieves by David Benioff. Also My Life in France by Julia Child was really good I thought!

Re: writing a book -- go for it! I have that dream, too. One day, if I don't go insane first.