As an update to my last post, my first violin lesson is next Tuesday! I've got to pick up my g-string and a few sheet music books this weekend in preparation. I'm so excited! I plan to try and do a small recording each week to track my progression, so hold me to it!
With the frigid temperatures this week, I had a craving for something warm and homey last night. I decided to make cheesy broccoli soup, one of my childhood favorites. It's fast and easy and very delicious. You'll notice I didn't say healthy. I typically don't attribute the word healthy to anything that contains Velveeta, but since this soup is also full of broccoli, I'm able to convince myself it won't negate my hour at the gym. :) Let me apologize in advance for the photos- my camera is slowly falling apart.
Start by cooking chopped onion in a few tablespoons of butter. I must note, I increased the amounts by half so we would have plenty of leftovers.

While the onions are softening, cut up 3/4 lb of Velveeta.

Cook a bag of chopped frozen broccoli in the microwave for about 6 minutes, then drain.

Throw all of these ingredients in with the softened onions and add a couple of cups of milk(i used organic 1% milk), and some salt and pepper.

Allow the soup to slowly heat up and melt the cheese. I did not allow mine to slowly heat which means I ended up with some slightly brown cheese on the bottom of my pot- it didn't hinder the flavor at all though. We enjoyed this with some warm french bread and it definitely hit the spot!



No comments:
Post a Comment