Monday, February 23, 2009

been a while

I finally pulled some pics off my camera, so this post will be a random assortment!

First of all, we have hot water again. It is wonderful to have hot water again! Unfortunately, the insurance estimates came in about $50 under our deductible and wouldn't cover the water heater at all, so we are footing the entire bill. Oh well. The joys of home ownership! I will say our new tankless water heater is bigger and better than our old one and there are actually people who can service it in Oxford! It also has sensors that detect when the temp drops below 30, so that heaters can automatically come on to keep the thing warm. Woohoo!

The pics below are from our Valentine's day dinner. We grilled some lamb, and had spinach/parmesan risotto and asparagus on the side. Daniel set up a nice romantic picnic in the living room for us. It was a low key night which suited me just fine.

The lamb was marinated in blackstrap molasses, rosemary, garlic


Rich and creamy spinach, parmesan risotto is muy delicioso, but not very healthy!


Daniel likes to plate the food. This reminds me of a skull and crossbones for some reason. :) Oh, and we overcooked the lamb a little, but it was our first time grilling and the lamb was still very tasty and tender.


Our candlelit picnic set by Daniel.


On the weekends Sophie and Bailey enjoy doing many of the same things. Below is one of their favorites! Find a sunny spot and take a nap!


So, I'm way behind on my violin videos. I actually have a valid excuse though (other than the hot water crap). My last set of strings I bought apparently came with a bad A string, so everything I play on that string (which is everything) sounds terrible. I bought some new strings today, so I'll restring tonight and see if I can't make a video for you all. If not tonight, then definitely tomorrow night after my next lesson. The progress is very slow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two have such a romantic relationship. I know everyone else is very jealous! Happy late Valentine's Day! MOM

Rachel said...

Daniel is a sweetie pie. My hubby lucked out this year - I was so doped up on hydrocodone from my ear surgery we didn't do anything! I can't believe how big Bailey Bear has gotten!