Wednesday, February 04, 2009

violin lesson 2

I had my second violin lesson last night, and it went fairly well. This week I'm to focus on my form more than my sound or hitting the right notes. Because of that, I was a little shy about making a video last night. Let me at least get my latest theme sounding slightly better before I share a video with you all. I'll make it tonight and post it tomorrow, I promise. I have unrealistic expectations and really need to slow down and accept that I'm gonna sound terrible for quite a while. My teacher tells me it's much more important for me to get my form correct, so I don't get used to bad habits (like resting the violin on my wrist, pushing down to hard with the bow, etc).

After my lesson last night, I went straight to the gym. I ended up doing 8 miles on the bike and 2 miles on the elliptical! It felt wonderful! If only every night at the gym felt so good! Of course I didn't bring my clothes with me today, so I guess I'll be skipping until Friday night. Why not go thursday you might ask?

Thursday is 'girls night'. We are going to dinner and a movie. Most of the crew is going to the AMP to see Marley and Me. I'm gonna branch off and head over to the first night of the Oxford Film Festival. They have a lot of great movies I'm excited to see over the weekend. Let me know if you want to see my schedule or join me for any of the films. Daniel will most likely be in Holly Springs at a disc golf tournament Saturday and Sunday, so I'm on my own.

If anyone is interested in a young, female black lab mix puppy or an 8 month old, male yellow lab mix, let me know. they need forever homes and my husband is a meany and won't let me get either one. :) I don't have a picture of the male yet, but Heidi is below. How can you say no to that adorable face?

No comments: