Thursday, February 18, 2010

hurry up spring!

This week I've been suffering from a cold that I may or may not have caught from Sullivan. Seems like there are a ton of people sick at work. Some with the stomach virus, and you can bet I'm trying to avoid that mess! First cold post pregnancy has been super no fun. All I want to do is dose up on NyQuil and sleep for 10 hours straight, but that is not to be. To top it off, Sullivan has not been sleeping well this week. Don't know what's up with that, but he's been waking up frequently for what appears to be no reason. If it's not a feeding time wake up, Daniel or I will hold him for a few minutes and he'll drift back to sleep again. I guess I pretty much jinxed myself by bragging on his good sleep. I'm still hopeful that one day it will return!

Despite the stuffy nose, achy body, and extreme lack of sleep, I'm having a pretty good day. It's been a busy week, which is hard, but at least makes the days pass quickly. The appearance of blue skies has definitely helped! In the car on the way home from Daycare, I tell Sullivan about Spring and Summer. I tell him how the bare trees will have leaves and flowers, and the car won't EVER be cold when we get in, about how long the days will be, about taking a stroll after work as a family, about all the flowers and veggies we'll plant, and about laying on a blanket in the yard on a warm and sunny day. I'm done with winter. Bring on the warm weather please! My baby and I got plans!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Susan. Your talk with Sullivan made me cry. REALLY cry. You and Daniel are such good parents. Sullivan is a lucky little boy! Bebe

Wifetastic said...

That is precious. I'm glad you get to look forward to the spring!