Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Diabetic Teaching Class
Well, I just returned from my meeting with the dietician. Thankfully, looks like the worse thing I'll have to do is the testing 4 times a day. My level of exercise and my diet are both pretty good. A few of the diet changes I'll have to make appear to be: no more fruit or juice in the mornings, no more syrup (unless I use sugar free) if I do waffles in the morning, the addition of a protein with my afternoon snack, and the addition of a bedtime snack. I will of course have to limit my sweets, watch how sweets affect my blood sugar levels, make a note if I eat something extreme like cake after the test results. I'll be heading to the grocery this evening to make a few substitutions and will begin testing and tracking tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You can do it! Before you know it you will have that sweet baby in your arms and it will be worth it.
Post a Comment